Saturday, November 3, 2012

Review: So Down I Fall by Alex Benedict

Title: So Down I Fall
Series: Broken Fins #1
Author: Alex Benedict
Release Date: October 18, 2012
Rating: 3.5 Stars
Amazon
Goodreads  



Book Blurb


I thought about killing myself the old-fashioned way: overdosing on a handful of pills, driving my truck into a tree. But I didn't want to be buried beside my mom's empty coffin. I wanted to be with her. In the deep.  


I removed the box cutter from my pocket. Foamy waves rolled over my bare feet as I waded deeper into the icy surf. I lifted the blade to my wrist, took a long breath, and sliced the skin ... 


I'm Grace O'Neal, the sixteen-year-old girl whose blood oozed into the ocean. If you're wondering what happened to me, I didn't die that night. He wouldn't let me. He peered at me through the dark water, and he saved my life. Adam. My love. My destiny. He pulled me from the undertow and protected me from my pain ... But evil in the water pulled me back.


Review


When I picked this one up I had no idea it was a retelling of The Little Mermaid and only figured it out after I was 80% done with the book. Even though the MC kinda annoyed me at times, it wasn't enough to put me off the book, so I was able to finish it and actually ended up liking it. It's a sweet but dark story and I'm looking forward to finding out the fates of Adam and Grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

^ Scroll to Top