Friday, February 8, 2013

Review: Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi

Title: Unravel Me
Series: Shatter Me #2
Author: Tahereh Mafi
Publication Date: February 5, 2013
Rating: 5 Stars
Amazon - Goodreads - Shelfari

Book Blurb


tick

tick

tick

tick

tick

it's almost

time for war.

Juliette has escaped to Omega Point. It is a place for people like her—people with gifts—and it is also the headquarters of the rebel resistance.

She's finally free from The Reestablishment, free from their plan to use her as a weapon, and free to love Adam. But Juliette will never be free from her lethal touch.

Or from Warner, who wants Juliette more than she ever thought possible.

In this exhilarating sequel to Shatter Me, Juliette has to make life-changing decisions between what she wants and what she thinks is right. Decisions that might involve choosing between her heart—and Adam's life.


My Thoughts


Gawd, these books are going to kill me. So many different things going on in this one. The war between the resistance and the Reestablishment is finally happening. I liked seeing their powers in action and I don't know about anyone else, but while reading those action scenes and then the discussions with Castle I was thinking this is X-Men in a dystopian world. What with the superpowers and the normal people turning against the unknown powerful people.

I gave this book 5 stars even though I did have issues with it (Read Juliette), but it still had me at the edge of my seat through the whole thing. I just didn't know what to expect sometimes. I'd have it all figure out and then one of them would just do or say something completely out of left field, and I would just end up speechless.

We get some more world building here, a couple of much needed details here and there, but honestly, once Warner was in the picture I could care less. The war and Omega Point were in the background. Warner totally stole the show. I don't even know how to describe him, and his powers! Damn useful. I'm really hoping that decision of his towards the end has some kind of hidden reasons cause if not I would just be REALLY dissapointed. Oh and Chapter 62, I ended up with a red spot on my forehead after the huge face-palm I did. REALLY JULIETTE?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOUUU.

As I said before my biggest issue here was Juliette, not even the love triangle cause I just don't care about Adam. He is too clingy and needy and doesn't know how to talk. He just doesn't even register in my mental radar anymore. Anyway Juliette...she was really enjoying those pity parties there for like half of the book. Kenji had to give her some tough love, and yeah she did start getting a little better, but there was still too much woe-be-gone attitude going on for my liking. 

The girl is freaking KICK ASS and she just doesn't see her potential at all. Refuses to think of her powers as something that might come in handy. Yeah she is a risk, but she is a huge help too. It took the combined efforts of Kenji, Warner, and Anderson (he helped the most LOL. Notice how there is no Adam there? Yeah he is freaking useless.) to finally get her to see reason. Which is why I can't wait for the next book. She finally got with the program!

I'd like to point out that there were some very uh, really and you got this just now? moments. The whole invisibility thing with just Adam and letting Juliette go by herself. I thought this was totally obvious. I hadn't even realized they hadn't thought of it till Juliette pointed it out...

So despite the issues, I really liked that ending and I'm expecting a mind-blowing finale now that Juliette finally got her crap together, this is a must read for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

^ Scroll to Top