Thursday, April 4, 2013

[ARC] Review: Black Feathers by Joseph D'Lacey

Black Feathers
Title: Black Feathers
Series: Black Dawn Book One
Publication Date: March 26, 2013
Rating: 4 Stars

It is the Black Dawn, a time of environmental apocalypse, the earth wracked and dying.

It is the Bright Day, a time long generations hence, when a peace has descended across the world.

In each era, a child shall be chosen. Their task is to find a dark messiah known only as the Crowman. But is he our saviour - or the final incarnation of evil?





***




My Thoughts


This book was out of the norm for me, but even so I found it highly entertaining. It takes you through the journey of the Crowman from his birth to a young man.

The book is told in two alternating point of views, that of Megan in the future (or their present) and when the Crowman was born which would be around our time. At first I was a bit lost cause I hadn't realized the time difference I thought it was taking place at the same time for some reason, but once I had that figured out it went much more smoothly.

The way the book is told is like a tale. The life of the boy, the changing times, how he assimilates to this change. How his life starts changing once people start realizing he is the crowman, even though he himself doesn't know this. It tells the story of his awakening and it was a beautiful one. At the same time we are getting told another story of awakening but this one is about Megan, she also has to form a connection with the Crowman.

The overall pacing of the book is kinda slow, but not in a bad way. It's just how it's meant to be. During the second half of the book, things start picking up quite a bit when Megan has to go through some trials and The Crowmans powers and mission start coming forth. 

All in all it was an entertaining read and I really liked getting to know these myths and I'll be reading the second to see what else awaits them.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds wonderful. Just my style. I'm all over it.

    ReplyDelete

^ Scroll to Top