Thursday, April 11, 2013

Review: Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare

Clockwork Princess
Title: Clockwork Princess
Series: Infernal Devices Trilogy Book Three
Publication Date: March 19. 2013
Rating: 4 Stars


Danger and betrayal, secrets and enchantment in the breathtaking conclusion to the Infernal Devices trilogy

Tessa Gray should be happy - aren't all brides happy?

Yet as she prepares for her wedding, a net of shadows begins to tighten around the Shadowhunters of the London Institute.

A new demon appears, one linked by blood and secrecy to Mortmain, the man who plans to use his army of pitiless automatons, the Infernal Devices, to destroy the Shadowhunters. Mortmain needs only one last item to complete his plan. He needs Tessa. And Jem and Will, the boys who lay equal claim to Tessa's heart, will do anything to save her.

 



***



My Thoughts


This book was something else. I usually never cry while reading books, maybe get watery eyes but that's about, but with this one I had to start holding back the tears at the 40% mark, and when we get to the last chapters I was just bawling like a baby. 

I loved how this book progressed. We get the whole 'everyone reaches their true potential', which really is what every book should have towards the end no matter if it wasn't a HEA. Becasuse that is the whole point of the journey, the growth of the characters and finding out what they are really made of.

There is really nothing else to say about it besides it being a must read for anyone who has read these books (ID & TMI).

After I finished this book I immediately went to rate it and gave it 5 stars, but after wards I started thinking and there was something that kept bothering. After discussing it with some friends, turns out it wasn't just me who thought that and I realized that I couldn't keep the 5 star rating because that.

What was the reason you may ask? The reason was the love triangle. I'm sure I have mentioned it before on other books how I hate them and will not read books based on if they have a love triangle or not, but I really like the world of the Shadowhunters so I went for it anyway. Now don't get me wrong this was like the best love triangle I have ever read so far, and the way it ended was how it was meant to end. 

My problem with love triangles is that I am a true believe in that you can't love 2 people the same way, it's just not done. Why? Precisely because they are 2 DIFFERENT people, therefore it's already a different kind of love for each one. And even though this love triangle in particular was one of the best it still had this problem. They kept mentioning how Tessa could love 2 people equally and that's just BS. (view spoiler)

So even though the book was pretty amazing, I just couldn't forgive that.



***

Other books in the series:
  1. Clockwork Angel (September 6, 2009)
  2. Clockwork Prince (November 29, 2011)
  3. Clockwork Princess (March 19, 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment

^ Scroll to Top